Friday 29 August 2014

Thursday 28 August - Trevor's Day

A very early start to the day as we travelled up to the top of Mt Cadillac to view the sunrise which was happening at 5.49am. I did not consider the temperature and went dressed in shorts and light jumper, the wind was bitter. The place was crowded with most people well rugged up.
Due to the cloud the sunrise was a ordinary. However, the scenery made the trip worthwhile.

Below are some scenes from Cadillac Mountain.












We then went back to the Motel for breakfast. After breakfast we caught the bus to the Village Green at Bar Harbour from where all buses to Acadia National Leave. This is the point at which Lorraine's and my  day diverge. All buses are free upon purchasing a park entry ticket. There eight differing buses, including one which picks up from the various accommodation points and takes you to the Village Green in Bar Harbour, from which to choose, each transversing a differing route.

I caught the Jordan Pond bus to Jordan Pond.  You can hop on and off the buses as often as you like.

At Jordan pond I began a walk around the pond, a not very difficult walk.

Jordan Ponds







A frog at Jordan Pond


This is a photo of a snake which just slithered out of photo range.




About two thirds of the way around Jordan Pond I took a track to the summit of South Bubble. Lorraine informed me later that had I progressed along a side track I would have seen some good scenery, She will have photos in her day's adventures. From there I started up Pemetic Mountain until 3/4 of the way up was a track to Bubble Pond which I took.

Some scenes from this trek.





 At Bubble Pond I was feeling a little hungry so I finished the lunch I had bought with me, 3 pieces of fruit and 3 small apple strudels.

I then caught the ring road bus to Thunder Hole. We had been there yesterday, however, the ranger at the information centre indicated the high tides and bigger waves would change the view of Thunder hole.

Some photos of Thunder Hole from yesterday






Some photos of Thunder Hole from today.



The steps down to the viewing platform




You will notice from subsequent photos that where we stood yesterday was inaccessible as they had waves breaking over  them.















After Thunder Hole I decided to use the buses and see as much of the park as possible. The scenery in all parts was very similar and I decide that I would return to the motel.

We went to dinner at Bar Harbour. Parking in Bar Harbour was a nightmare. After transversing the town a number of times we finally found a park. After dinner we went back to the motel and crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment